|Position:||Associate –Operations (AO-OPS)|
|No. of Positions:||Multiple|
|Closing Date:||December 31, 2018 – We want to fill at the earliest.|
|Subject line:||Associate – Operations (AO-OPS) for multiple locations|
Reporting to the Regional Program Manager/Head of Operations, the candidate will serve as “Associate” and shall primarily be responsible for;
- AO-Operation is responsible for deliverables and outcomes mentioned in the Annual Plan of Operation (APO), product specific business plan as well as projects funded by various donor agencies.
- S/he should be able to identify potential business ideas / new products /services and undertake market research to assess the market potential and identify business development services, make linkages with possible funding sources and buyers of products and services. S/he will work with support team in Delhi for all fund generation, program planning, organizing, operating, and staffing. S/he is responsible for developing, implementing, managing, and monitoring the Annual Plan of Operations, product specific business plan, and programs for the state in sync with the donor specific project.
- Ensure that all project activities operate consistently and ethically based on the vision and mission and values of the organization.
- Prepare and submit an Annual Plan of Operations to Head of Operations/Regional Program Manager/State Heads and manage state goals and organizational goals effectively and cost effectively, and report accurately on progress made and challenges encountered.
- Work with the Thematic Coordinators/District Managers and Head of Operation to prepare the review schedule for monitoring the Annual Plan of Operations, product, specific business plan as well as evaluations of the program outcomes.
- Work closely with the Head of Operations to develop the product specific business plan for the products and services and operational strategy.
- Develop and manage finance, administration and programs of Udyogini efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure timely data inputs into the MIS and high-quality documentation of the projects and programs as part of the research and dissemination work of Udyogini.
- Market Udyogini’s work in the District/state and liaison with government, donors, NGOs, in the state for building an excellent District/state level presence.
- Write proposals with detailed and accurate budgets and network with various funders to raise funds for the state BDS program (principally government and other donors, where relevant)
- Write proposals with detailed and accurate budgets and network with various institutions to deliver business services (studies, research, evaluation, training etc) to generate revenue for Udyogini
- Facilitate Producer Cooperatives to develop, implement, track, evaluate and modify the business plans.
- Facilitate Producer Cooperatives to raise funds and investments through government, non-government sources as well as business activities.
- Work with HR team to implement recruitment, training, and retention strategies of staff.
- Create second-line of leadership in the BDS center.
- Ensure team and team members performance assessment completed timely.
Qualifications & Experiences
a. Formal Academic:
• Graduate in Science /Economics/commerce/Engineering from recognized university; and
• MBA with specialization in operations management; or
• Master’s in social Entrepreneurship
b. Relevant Training:
• Computer literacy general MS package
• Proficient in computer based spread sheets
c. Work Experience:
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in development programs and resources planning
• Sound knowledge of micro-enterprise or value chain development
• Hands on experiences in managing partnerships and working with varied stakeholders e.g. Producer Institutions, government, private sector service providers, NGOs, formal & non formal financial institutions
• Ability to prepare and analyses budgets/ financial statements/ project targets and draw out trends that feed into planning and management decisions
d. Preferred Skills:
• Exposure to micro-enterprise & value chains based enterprises especially in rural areas
• A very good writing, communication skills
• Excellent skills in resources (HR, financial, materials & others) coordination, management; and negotiation
• Proactive, work with minimum supervision; and good team builder
• Understanding of development issues in depth
• Gender-sensitive and capacity and interest to develop other staff
• A strong leadership and entrepreneurial ability
Candidate must be physically fit and willing to travel extensively in districts/State. Remuneration will be commensurate with qualification and experience. Women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may please apply within 10 days along with their CV and a suitability note (500 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org